Wednesday, 4 January 2012
How to Know You are Getting a Good Mover?
Choosing a moving company that will be responsible for all the contents of your home or office is an incredible leap of faith. How do you know if you are choosing a quality mover – when there are so many scam artists out there? Here are a few tips:
1. Have you ever seen their moving trucks around town? Is this a company used often and has a history of being reliable and capable?
2. How does the truck look? Does the truck have a sign that looks like an established moving company or is this a side business?
3. If you get a chance, stop when you see them working and watch them. Would you want them to treat your furniture like they are doing right now?
4. Talk with your friends, family, the superintendent at your apartment or manager of the local storage company; they see a lot of movers and get to know the ones with a bad reputation.
5. Do the movers have a contract that discloses all of the charges? If their price over the phone is too good to be true then it probably is NOT true. Get it in writing!
6. Are they members of the BBB and the CAM with a good reputation? Check them out.
7. Do they have a registered business name or do they operate from a cellphone?
8. Do they answer the phone in a proper business manner or do they wait until they find out what you want to announce they are a moving company?
9. Do they hide the fact that they also do garbage disposal and lawn maintenance when they are not busy?
10. Go with your gut. If you get a bad feeling or vibe from someone, you are likely right.
By: Andrew Brown and Sharon Osvald