Wednesday 14 December 2011

Staying Put? Part One



With the New Year around the corner, now is the time that many people begin to reflect on their lives, what they are doing and ultimately – where they are living. As you look at your current situation and your life goals the question becomes should I move or should I stay put?

Here are some things to consider before you “leap”:

  1. Am I acting on impulse? Before making a life changing decision, be sure you have thought it through completely. Are you just mad at your boss, your landlord or your neighbour? Are you reacting out of boredom? It is easy to make big changes based on knee jerk reactions. Make sure your move is based on facts not emotional response?
  2. Have you done your research? Have you weighed all the pros, cons and costs of moving. You may decide rent is a bit cheaper in another area, but is the neighbourhood as safe/nice? One place might charge less rent but not include utilities you are not used to paying. Is the cost of the move worth the final outcome? Can you really afford your current situation or is it time to downsize?
  3. Are you staying put out of fear or lack of motivation? Is it obvious to everyone around you that your current living or life situation needs to change – but you don’t like change? Take an honest look at yourself and if you need to give yourself a push to improve your life – do it. ~A.B.


By: Sharon Osvald and Andrew Brown

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed, I have to say. Actually hardly ever do I encounter a weblog that's equally educative and entertaining, and let me inform you, you may have strike the nail on the head. Your concept is outstanding the issue is one thing that not sufficient individuals are speaking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled throughout this in my find for anything referring to this.
    Commercial Movers in Plano
    Best Moving Company Plano TX
    Advanced Movers Plano

    ReplyDelete